Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Red

It's vibrant, loud, expressive and powerful. The color has very strong meaning; everything from passion and love to blood and evil. It holds true to a very broad range of meanings; a very deep color. I don't think anyone is always happy or always sweet. I am most certainly all over the place emotionally. I sometimes find myself red with love and I sometimes find myself red in the face with rage and steaming from the ears with anger. I would like to think of my moods and feelings as different shads of me. Some days I wake up and I am just not in a good mood. That is my blood red shade. My patience for people is minimal, I have a tendency to lash out and I am not a pleasant person to be around. Some days I am in a great mood and nothing can bring me from that. That is much more of a bright, but warm shade. I am very welcoming, open, friendly, and appealing to people. Warmth is so important when it comes to comforting and giving that feeling of security and stability. One of my favorite shades is the soft, gentle, dim shade of passion and love; the shade that is only put on when you are with that one person. It is the shade your heart turns as it begins to race and rush warm blood all over your body just from the sight of that person. It is the color her face turns when I surprise her at work with flowers or tell her she is the most beautiful thing on this earth. You have different shades, different moods, different feelings; different people, different days.

3 comments:

starrynights987 said...

i really liked this piece ... i like the way you brought out your good and not so good qualities. the language is really expressive and detailed. good job. :)

B3astOfTheEast said...

I really liked how you started off your paper with describing the different aspects of the color "Red." Then out of those different ideas that the color red represented, you chose the options that best fits you. Not only this but you didn't just focus on the positive but expressed your good and bad sides and how the color red is the color for you. The descriptive words that you had also enabled me to visually picture the image you were describing. I really enjoyed reading your paper!

NJ-Flies said...

This color and description really shows your personality. Every day in English I sit down and experience a different shade of Anthony.. and no single day is similar to the next for you have so many shades and so many moods it's difficult to pin point. Great description.